Monday, February 19, 2007

My original haiku

These haiku posted here are my own, talking about the cherry blossoms in Japan. I have never been to Japan, and I have seen some cherry blossom trees in Kyoto, where my penpal is from. I hope to go there someday. Anyway, here they are.

Sakura petals
Start falling in autumn's time
Gently to the ground

Soft cool autumn breeze
Sways the branches of blossoms
Petals drift away

Small cherry blossoms
Different colors, pink and white
Look good day and night

Little pink petals
Also a garnish for rice
Also taste lovely

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey,

Your site is wonderful.. I love it. I'm sure your going to put more items on this site and I will also be checking on it frequently, and leaving commments.

no name said...

I love your blog! Where did you get the layout?

Amy said...

Love the flow of the haiku. I bet your penpal enjoys them, too!

wjcatnip said...

Your blog is beautiful. Lovely photos, amazing haiku and fanciful drawings! It is a true delight! - Wendy